By Mike Neylan
This savory tart is a great way to use all the fresh zucchini &
yellow squash available in abundance this time of year.
This is a great side dish or a light meal with a salad.
For the tart crust
• 1-1/2 cups almond flour
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 Tbs. chopped garlic
• 1 tsp. herbs de Provence
• 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1 Tbs. water
Blend all ingredients in medium size bowl, press into 7 inch greased tart pan (a cast iron pan works well if you do not have a tart pan).
In preheated 375 oven, bake the crust for 15 minutes
For the filling
• 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
• 1 egg
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• 1 cup cooked artichoke hearts
• 1 cup roasted chopped red bell pepper
• 1/2 onion, roasted & chopped
• 1/2 cup roasted & chopped eggplant
• 1 lb. zucchini
• 1 lb. yellow squash
In medium bowl whisk ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, pepper & egg together. Fold in artichoke, peppers, onion, basil and eggplant. Spread into tart shell evenly.
Slice zucchini and squash. Make sure they are all cut evenly so they cook the same (use slicing blade on Cuisinart to slice them).
Arrange them evenly over the top of the tart. Sprinkle a little Parmesan over the top & bake in 375 degree oven on middle shelf for 30 to 40 minutes until top of tart is golden brown
Let cool 15 minutes before cutting.
Summer Squash Tart